Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pretty in Pink

I love pink and if I know my ladies, I'm sure we've all entertained the notion of doing a pink wedding. However, I'm sad to say that most of the pink weddings I have seen have been a pastel pink disaster.


Let me wax poetically: luscious pastel pink bouquets (beautiful), pastel pink shiny satin bubble hem bridesmaid dresses (so you can wear it again, of course), dyed to match pastel pink strappy shoes with a kitten heel (well, she is the bride), pastel pink cummerbunds and ties (say it ain't so Joe!), and 300 pastel pink ruched satin chair covers (oh the horror!).

One moment please, I need to recover.

Okay - back again. So what is a Pink lover to do? Below is my take on Pink - by blending tonal shades of pink, we minimize the juvenile and girly and become feminine and chic.



From Left to right:

Reception: Hot pink–and-sherbet centerpieces of peonies and sweet pea. Louis Ghost Chairs. Calvin Klein Stemware. The Louis ghost chairs add formality to the occasion but the clear polycarbonate keep it light and fun.

Bridesmaid Dress: Satin strapless asymmetrical dropped waist dress by Melissa Sweet. Rather than having your girls wear a pink dress (no, they really won't ever wear it again) how about adding a touch of an unexpected color? I love the gray because not only is the color flattering to the majority of skin types, but it adds another dimension to the entire wedding.

Bouquet: One of the few times I do think a pretty pale pink can stand on its own is in the flowers. It looks so lush!

Jewelry Box: Vintage inspired jewelry boxes from Pronovias - who can resist! Now if only we had something to put in it.

Bridesmaid Gifts: Celebrate the occasion and your girls by giving a gift they will love to use. Sadly this heart shaped coin purse from Louis Vuitton was a limited edition, but here's hoping they reissue soon.

Favors: Pink and purple macaroons - a sweet treat your guest will love to eat!

Invitations: This letterpress Save the Date is printed on the most subtle of pinks with a slightly darker hue for the font.

Cake: What wedding would ever be complete without a little help from Martha Stewart? This scrumptious cake looks as beautiful as it does edible.

Place Cards Table: With a beautiful arrangement of pink peonies, you'll be begging your guests to take their seats!

Jewelry: I found something to put in my jewelry box! A little hint of sparkle always dresses up the occasion and this diamond brooch from Chanel's Camelia Fine Jewelry collection is no exception. I love how the color palette is the perfect compliment.

Cocktails: Pink cocktails - how Cosmopolitan!

The Dress: Yes, you probably have seen this countless times before, but a classic never dies. Monique Lhuillier Spring 2005 - Seraphina. Its official - I am now in a full blown love affair with tulle.

This is one wedding I would be delighted to attend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...