Saturday, October 11, 2008

Some Like it Haute: Giambattista Valli

Giambattista Valli has designed a collection of wedding dresses for Spring 2009! The straight narrow skirts of the majority of the collection has me thinking that these dresses are for the more couture loving bride. However, I am loving dress number two with its structured volume, bows, pockets and detailed couture construction, although number four's attention to the hips is definitely a "you must try it on before you fall in love with it" type of dress. And if I had infinite resources at my disposal, and André Leon Talley as the shoot director, I would completely use dress number one at a photo shoot (ala Carrie Bradshaw in SATC Movie).

I wish Valli had taken a page out of his new Spring 2009 Ready to Wear collection because I saw some dresses that I would totally wear as a wedding gown, but in ivory mind you!

Here's the entire collection, which you can also find at Giambattista Valli or at Brides.com







And here's some dresses from his RTW Spring 2009 Collection at www.style.com:





Okay, so maybe the purple dress and the champagne dress from the RTW are a bit adventurous, but the layers upon layers of tulle are seduction to my senses.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...